Whether you’re kinda love/hating your kids right now, or its been the best few weeks of your life, every Mama could use a little self-care during the Summer holidays and we are HERE for a hack.
We’ve rounded up a few of our fave Self-Care hacks using things you can find around your home.
We’d love to see your best Mum Hacks too, so whether you’re trying any of ours or smashing your own make sure you tag us @TheMumMarketplace_ #TMMMumHacks
Happy hacking Mamas!
HOME MADE COFFEE FACE AND BODY SCRUB
Because, whether its in our cups or in our pores… we all need the energy right?
Caffeine helps stimulate and promote healthy circulation which can help reduce the appearance of cellulite, scarring and eczema. It smells like a vanilla latte and leaves skin silky smooth and moisturized. This one’s a firm favourite of TMM Founder, Sophia who adds this into her weekly beauty regime.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup ground organic coffee beans
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar, or xylitol
- ¼ cup coarse salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 5-10 drops of your favourite essential oil (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and simply whisk until well combined
- Store in an air tight container and use whenever you need a little pick-me-up
HEALTHY BERRY BANNANA ICE CREAM
When you’re screaming… the kids are screaming… pass me the damn ice cream!
This healthy, quick and easy ice-cream goes down a treat every time and can be made in two (yes, two) steps.
For this, you’ll need:
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 3 cups frozen banana cut into thick chunks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup MCT oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or preferred non-dairy milk)
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. You may need to stop the blender and stir as they blend and thicken to allow everything to blend properly and to avoid any fruit chunks.
- Using a spatula to pour the ice cream into a loaf pan. Cover and freeze for at least two hours. Scoop and indulge!
LAVENDER AND PINK NOISE
This can be a relaxing one for both you and your little ones. TMM Founder, Sophia uses this as part of Dottie & Willow’s night-time routine. And the best news is - this requires almost NO effort!
- An Alexa, Spotify, or music playing device
- Some essential oils – preferably lavender or you can add Jojoba to mix it up
- Simply ask Alexa to play ‘pink noise’ on loop and introduce lavender oil into your little ones bath or diffuser in their room to air better sleep (famous last words). If you’re using it in a diffuser, just add 2-3 drops of essential oil in an oil burner or oil diffuser over a 24-hour period.
You only need a few drops for this relaxing bedtime bath. Lavender is well known for its wonderful sedative properties and has a calming and soothing scent scientifically proven to help you sleep.
HONEY & HOT OIL MASK
Let’s not forget a little haircare. This honey and hot oil mask will leave your hair shiny, elasticated and help protect your hair from heat. Honey contains so many vitamins, minerals and proteins which assist in repairing hair breakage and acts as an emollient that adds shine. The hot oils such as olive oil contain omega-3 and fatty acids to help strengthen and protect. Not to mention it smells amaaaaaazing!
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix the honey and oil together and warm through in a saucepan (not too hot though!)
- Transfer to a heatproof container such as a jus and apply the mask on damp hair from roots to end.
- Cover with a towel for 15-20 minutes and rinse well with water. Enjoy honey bees!
LITTLE BEASTIE HUNT
Once your self-care has left you feeling restored and fabulous – it’s time to get outside! Our little beastie hunt costs next to nothing and you can spend hours outside with a picnic.
All you need for this one is to create a checklist, or print one from online (we love this one from twinkl.co.uk) and a safe outdoor area and see how many little beasties your little one can find!
Happy beastie hunting!
We hope you’ve enjoyed our top Mum hacks. Make sure you tag us @TheMumMarketplace_ #TMMMumHacks and share this with your self-care needing Mama’s.
And if all else fails (no judgement here, we’ve all been there) our top secret Mum hacks are
Consume all at once.
Sophia and TMM Team x